Alumni Grant Scheme
The Australia Awards Vanuatu (AAV) Alumni Grant Scheme offers seed funding, on a competitive basis, for initiatives that create impact in the professional field, organisation and community of the AAV alumnus.
The objectives of the AGS are:
- to provide alumni with opportunities to enhance and capitalise on their knowledge and skills, to improve practice in their professional fields and communities;
- to develop, maintain and strengthen professional linkages and partnerships between alumni and the Australian government, and Australian businesses, organisations and educational institutions;
- to connect alumni to each other across disciplines and professions, organisations and institutions, and geographic areas in order to share good practice and create opportunities for collaboration;
- to develop a network of alumni who view Australia’s capabilities and credentials in a positive light; and,
- to showcase Australia’s excellence as a global provider of high-quality education and research.
Up to five grants are available under the current AGS round. Alumni can only submit one proposal in each round of application.
The AGS provides up to $AUD 5,000 (VT 380,000) for alumni to undertake their initiative.
AAV welcomes AGS projects that are innovative and offer alumni the opportunity to put their knowledge and skills to good use. AAV has a strong commitment to supporting women, people with a disability and those who work or live in areas affected by disaster, and strongly encourage applications from these individuals. Projects related to COVID-19 recovery effort are also strongly encouraged.
The AGS is open to all AAV alumni (including predecessor scholarship programs such as Colombo Plan, Australian Development Scholarships).
AGS Application Round
The AGS application round opens on 16 October and closes on 23 November 2023.
The AGS application form is to be submitted no later than 11.45pm VST (Vanuatu Standard Time) on 23 November 2023.
The AGS Application Form can be accessed here.
AGS Guidelines and important documents to submit
We encourage alumni to download and read the following documents before applying for the AGS.
You should only submit the required documents listed below in the online application. AAV will not consider any other documents. You must use the templates provided and complete them according to the instructions, otherwise your application will be deemed ineligible.
Supporting documents for the AGS application:
- Project budget. You must fill out a project budget.
- Letter of financial commitment. When applicable, please submit a letter of commitment from all AGS partner organisations including those that are making third-party cash contribution to the proposed project.
- Letter of support. If you collaborate with third party organisations in Vanuatu or Australia in your project, please attach a letter of support from these organisations.
- Scan of ID Card of the AGS project team leader.
- Statement of graduation of the AGS project team leader or other documents to prove his or her eligibility as an AAV alumnus
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the AGS project team leader. Keep your CV very brief, ideally to a maximum of two pages – with an emphasis upon your current role and organisation
Late submissions will not be accepted.
If you have any questions related to the AGS application, please send email enquiries to email@example.com