offer more than a degree.
Make a difference with an Australia Awards Scholarship
Do you want to be a leader in your field and join an inspiring network of changemakers? The Australia Awards are committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities and other marginalized groups.
Opening application date: 1 February 2024
Closing application date: 30 April 2024
Information sessions for the general public:
Port Vila at Chantillys conference room :
- Tuesday 13 February 2024 – from 6pm to 8pm
- Tuesday 20 February 2024 – from 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- Monday 26 February 2024 – from 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Luganville at the VNPF conference room:
- Thursday 29 February 2024 – from 11am to 1pm
- Friday 1 March 2024 – from 11am to 1pm
Tanna at the Tafea Provincial Council conference room:
- Wednesday 6 March 2024 – from 2pm to 4pm
- Thursday 7 March 2024 – from 2pm to 4pm
Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia and the Pacific region.
Australia Awards aim to:
- develop capacity and leadership skills so that individuals can contribute to development in their home country; and
- build people-to-people links at the individual, institutional and country level.
We encourage those who meet the eligibility requirements and have exceptional academic grades and/or relevant professional experience to apply to Australia Awards Scholarships.
The selection process will favourably weigh applications which address skills gaps identified in Vanuatu’s National Human Resource Development Plan and which align to the Vanuatu Government’s priorities. Weight will also be given to applications with a ‘multiplier effect’ such as those who will impart their knowledge and skills to others.
To discover more facts about living and studying in Australia, please refer to the Australian Government website for Study Australia.